Microsoft has unveiled the latest batch of games heading to Xbox Game Pass, including a new life sim that sends you off to a Disneyfied version of Pelican Town.
The headliner of this month’s Xbox Game Pass releases is Disney Dreamlight Valley. A cross between Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing and pretty much every popular Disney IP, it’s a light RPG sim that lets you explore a magical land and help the merry characters who call it home. You meet your neighbors, craft items and complete missions.
Dreamlight Valley may have its influences on its sleeve, but it seems to be taking the genre in a few new directions. It puts a great emphasis on the story and challenges you to complete heaps of main adventures and optional tasks, all given by classic Disney and Pixar characters. It’s also available to stream via Xbox Cloud Gaming if you’re an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscriber.
At the other end of the tonal spectrum is Metal: Hellsinger. Also at Game Pass this month, the demonic FPS is a mash-up of classic rhythm games and Doom. You’ll be able to blast your way through hordes of horned monsters to the beat of an original heavy metal soundtrack. It features a slew of acclaimed, professional musicians, including Serj Tankian of System of a Down, Randy Blythe of Lamb of God and Matt Heafy of Trivium.
Microsoft has also announced (opens in new tab) that sci-fi strategy game Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation is coming to Game Pass. A large scale RTS, it apes the colorful bombastic warfare of Supreme Commander, giving you massive armies of robots and frigates to smash together.
It is joined by the well-received mechanical puzzle game Opus Magnum, the locomotive simulator Train Sim World 3, the ironic racing game You Suck at Parking and the tactical rogue-like Despot’s Game. Kids shooter DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace is also coming.
Here’s when all of this month’s Game Pass titles go live:
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: Founder’s Edition (Cloud, Console and PC) – Available Now
- Opus Magnum (PC) – Available Now
- Train Sim World 3 (Console and PC) – Available Now
- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation (PC) – September 13
- DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventures of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console and PC) – September 13
- You Suck At Parking (Cloud, Console & PC) – September 14
- Despot’s Game (Console and PC) – September 15
- Metal: Hellsinger (PC and Xbox Series X|S) – September 15
As usual, a number of games will also be leaving Microsoft’s subscription service. You have until Thursday, September 15 to complete the following:
- A Plague Tale: Innocence (cloud, console and PC)
- Aragami 2 (cloud, console and PC)
- Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Craftopia (cloud, console and PC)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
- Flynn: Son of Crimson (cloud, console and PC)
- I Am Fish (cloud, console and PC)
- Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console and PC)
- Mighty Goose (cloud, console and PC)
- SkateBird (cloud, console and PC)
- The Artistic Escape (Cloud, Console and PC)